Shopping for a new bed mattress can be confusing and frustrating. Many times the lowest priced mattresses in a store are equal to the more expensive ones in terms of your support and comfort. The outside doesn't matter, what's on the inside makes all the difference. Eye appeal doesn't make a mattress feel better and it gets covered up by sheets anyway. You want to be frugal not cheap in your choices when shopping. Know the store where you are shopping. Can you trust the store to tell you the truth or are they just trying to sell you something? Too many choices in the store can be confusing instead of helpful. Pushing on a mattress with your hand gives you no information on feel or how it would support you.
EDUCATE YOURSELF ON MATTRESSES BEFORE YOU START SHOPPING.
1. A good sales person can help you select the right mattress.
2. Go prepared to lie on different ones that you like. Lie down and roll around like you do in your own bed for at least a few minutes.
3. Consider the size you need to sleep comfortably.
4. How high off the ground do you want it to be? Some beds require a step stool.
5. Is it in the price range you are comfortable with? Don't be pushed into higher prices if the mattress is not what you want.
At the futon store we specialize in well made comfortable sleep solutions. Whether you need a futon mattess, regular bed mattress and foundation, or one for a platform bed, you will find what you're looking for here. You will find our staff knowledgeable and helpful without being pushy.
If you are a frugal customer you will look at the value versus price and select with that in mind. The cheap customer will go for the lowest price not always the best value. Know what you want and buy with value in mind.